Giant's TCR Advanced SL 1 is a true speed machine, specially crafted for railing corners, climbing mountains, and edging out sprints. From the massively oversize PowerCore bottom bracket to the MegaDrive down tube, full composite fork, and sleek, integrated seatpost, every inch of the sub-2-pound TCR Advanced SL frame has been optimized for ride quality and speed without compromise. The full composite fork is just as focused with its massive OverDrive 2 steerer and feathery weight. Hanging off this gorgeous composite chassis is the top-shelf Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed group that delivers near-telepathic shifting and braking. And, Giant's featherweight P-SLR1 wheels, composite bar, and composite stem will help climbs disappear beneath you as you leave your competition behind.
This manufacturer's chart helps you evaluate the fit (may show unavailable, and/or not all sizes).
Giant’s RideSense transmitter sends speed and cadence information to any ANT+ compatible computer. The transmitter is seamlessly integrated into the chainstay, though it can be easily removed.
Giant’s OverDrive 2 delivers up to 30%-better cornering and sprinting stiffness and control than non-tapered front ends with:
1/2) 1 ¼-inch/1 ½-inch diameter bearings
3) 1 ¼-inch diameter Giant stem
4) Tapered fork steerer
5) Giant OverDrive steerer plug
Giant's TCR Advanced features high-quality composite formed into a frame through cutting-edge construction techniques. Raw T-700 composite is carefully woven in Giant's own composite factory, then handcrafted into framesets utilizing Giant's advanced monocoque construction technique. This produces a light, stiff and compliant frameset worthy of the Giant TCR name.
In addition to the superior composite construction, Giant's Advanced frames boast the following technologies to make your ride better than ever!
1. Vector seatpost - in addition to saving weight, Giant's Vector seatpost improves aerodynamics and offers 2 offset options (10mm and 23mm).
2. Custom tubing - Giant layers over 500 individual, hand-cut composite swatches to fine tune each frame's ride quality. This results in maximum function with wonderful all-day comfort.
3. Overdrive 2 - Giant's headtube and fork steerer tapers from 1 1/4-inch at the the top to 1 1/2-inch at the bottom for pinpoint steering, lateral stability and superb torsional stiffness.
4. Less is More - Giant engineers use Finite Element Analysis so every inch of their TCR frames have exactly the perfect amount of composite for the lightest weight with the highest function.
5. Powercore - through the use of an integrated 86mm wide bottom bracket and asymmetrical chainstays, the TCR Advanced features fantastic pedaling stiffness so every watt of effort rockets you forward.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, integrated seatpost, electronic ready|
|Fork||Giant Advanced SL-grade composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer|
|Rims/Wheels||Giant P-SLR1 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Giant P-SLR1, 700 x 23c|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Press Fit|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Dura-Ace|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Dura-Ace|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed: 11-25|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR composite|
|Stem||Giant Contact SLR Composite, OverDrive 2|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Dura-Ace|
|Saddle||Fizik Arione R3 w/K:ium rails|
|Seatpost||Advanced SL Composite, integrated design|
|Accessories & Extras||RideSense ANT+ sensor, 20mm ISP clamp|
* Subject to change without notice.
Read 1 ReviewsWrite a Review
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
- Handles Well
- Serious Training
Reviewed by 1 customers
Displaying reviews 1
- Handles Well
- Good Geometry
- Serious Training
This rigid bike has been used in Time Trials, races, and fun rides. On all occasions it has performed as the greatest of rides. While on multiple hill climbs it pays not to lug around all that excess weight.